|Protein from NPN
|Vitamin A (UI/kg)
Mixing/Feeding Instructions: Mix 25 kg Feedmaster Lekstroop 33 with 25 litres of water and treat 300 kg roughage with the mixture by spraying or pouring it onto the roughage.
Recommended daily intake: Cattle 450 – 600 g Small Stock 70 – 150 g
- Vinegar is an effective remedy against NPN poisoning. Mix with equal amount of water. Dose: Half a bottle per calf or large sheep or 2 to 4 bottles per head of cattle (1 bottle = 750 ml).
- Protect this farm feed against rain. NPN is soluble and animals drinking such a solution could be poisoned.
- Do not feed this farm feed indiscriminately with other NPN containing farm feeds.
- Consult an animal scientist. This is a supplement and not a feed. Sufficient grazing and/or roughage must be available at all times.
- Keep the lick troughs filled and prevent gluttonous eating by hungry animals. A constant daily intake can help to prevent poisoning.
- Before feeding a NPN containing lick, feed an ordinary salt/phosphate lick for at least 7 days.